Moderator Musings August 2016
David W Eggebraten, moderator
Union Congregational Church, Crested Butte
(A congregation of the United Church of Christ)
August greetings to all and what a back to school flurry of activity at our congregation. Since I am very new to our congregation I recognize faces but not always names and I apologize for that, please introduce yourself.
Our August council minutes and Committee reports are posted on the bulletin board by the kitchen. I invite you to read them.
We are receiving pledges for our Annual Stewardship Campaign Simple Living. To date (August 19th) 43 people have pledged for a total of $107,000.00. We give thanks to you have already pledged. There are 114 who have not made a pledge to date. We invite you to join these people who have made a pledge to enable your congregation to continue being in ministry for others.
Highlights of our Congregation Council and committees
- UCC members are continuing to work on the Habitat House in Gunnison (on August 20th a group from our Church will join the women’s build).
- Periodic fellowship hiking after worship continues
- Weekly worship at 9:00AM with wonderful special music
- Monthly women’s group meeting
- Exterior painting and siding repair has been completed (thanks to Kory Kula and crew for a wonderful job)
- Adventure Camp was a success with 50 youth attending along with several volunteers
- Music on Maroon was wonderful with our Bell Choir playing and thanks to the local musical talent that accompanied
- Worship in the Park with Gunnison UCC as our guests led by the Still Speaking Ensemble
- Eight youth attended a Beach Day on Blue Mesa on August 17th
- A delightful ladies’ luncheon on July 28th